Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just a HUMBLE pack of Crayons.......

Look how much crayons she had in her tiny hands....
Photobucket

Sophia getting happy over a pack of crayons.....
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Gone were the days,
where my emergency pack consist of foxy mascara and juicy lip gloss...

Now it mainly consist of
a couple of kiddy books, mini flash cards, papers and crayons.....

These are the items keeping the kids entertained
(and also keeping me sane)
during a long train/bus ride,
or during meal time that has turned seriously boring.....

I am a bathroom singer.....
That's the only time I sound good when I sing....
But the kids ain't picky....
They love it when I sing the colour related song to them.....

Some ideas for parents out there:
1) Barney Rainbow Song
Oh I like red, it's the colour of an apple,
Orange, it's a colour of an orange,
Yellow, it's a lemonade and wonderful sun sun sun,
Green is the the colour of trees and lots of things that grow,
And there is Blue for the sky,
And purple, that's a colour of fun fun fun....
And if you put these colours side by side
what do you think you've got....
You made a rainbow....
(echo: you made a rainbow...)
And it's a beautiful one!

2) Crayon Song (to the tune of 10 little indian boys)
1 little 2 little 3 little crayon,
4 little 5 little 6 little crayon,
7 little 8 little 9 little crayon,
10 little crayons in the box.....

Take the yellow one and draw a circle,
Take the blue one out and draw a square,
Take a red one out and draw a triangle,
Put them back in the box....

I doodle along with the kids too....
That's when I've found out that they've a good eye for abstract art....
when I drew a seriously deformed Barney.....
at least Sophia appreciates it and shout
"Barney!!"
(well, on a side note she still has not recognised
my seriously deformed Baby Bop yet......
duhz, duhz, duhz!!!!)

So parents out there, what are you waiting for....
Lets doodle along and find our inner talent for abstract art.....
and sing along like William Hung!

Afterall, it keeps our kids ENTERTAINED....
(and it keeps us SANE!!!!!)

No comments: