Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节) 2009

I was on the verge of giving up my stand
on ONLY BUYING traditional lanterns
when the kids came back with the school's memo
stating for them to each bring a battery operated lantern
to celebrate mid autumn festival....

I brought the kids to the nearby mall,
telling them to take a pick on their favourite lantern design.

To my surprise,
they didn't go for the battery operated ones!!!!
(despite the fact that I was trying very hard
to sell them the "battery operated lantern" idea!)

Hiroshi ended up with a dragon,
and Sophia ended up with the ever loving purple dino; Barney!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

We spent the night lantern trotting, mooncake savouring,
and really going nuts with light sticks and sparklers!!!
(Kitson & myself seems to be catching up on
what we've missed out during our childhood! -.-"')

We should do this every year!
I had fun, and I'm sure the kids did too!

No comments: